King Shaka High School was established by the Department of Education in 1966 under the Umlazi district.
The mission of the school is to teach self-discipline, motivate learners to be industrious, assertive and co – operative with high self – esteem.
We want to produce exemplary self – sustainable competent, marketable and reliable learners.
King Shaka High School profile
|Learners per classroom||47|
To date, the following interventions have been made:
- Computer laboratory has been build and training has been conducted
- A Consumer studies laboratory has been built and training and resources provided
- Scientific calculators have been donated to learners
- General renovations to the whole school have been done
- An administration block as been built
- A strategic planning, leadership and teambuilding programer has been conducted with the SGB and SMT
- Leadership development with learners
Philile Mbotho, I have a dream from Adopt A School on Vimeo.
Philile Mbotho is part of the King Shaka Activists,a group of learners who aim to cultivate self confidence, dignity and excellence in their school. Download their first newsletter here.
Through the support of various donors a sustainable and meaningful difference has been made. There is still much to do to continue to improve the lives of these young learners and their learning environment.
- Library and training of a librarian
- Language and literacy programme
- Music and art center
- Leadership development
You can make a personal or corporate donation to the Adopt-a-School Foundation to help us to continue supporting disadvantaged schools around the country.
CONTACT KING SHAKA HIGH SCHOOL:
Contact numbers: 031 907 6430
Fax number: 031 906 3174
E 540 Sibusiso Mdakane Road
Private bag X 9004
View Larger Map