- Our Work
- Get Involved
Back to School for Mandela Day 2022
In many school communities across the country, parents are unable to afford school shoes, resources and uniforms for their children. This challenge has been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic and recent KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape floods. Many learners continue to brave the harsh terrains travelling to school to access education, a basic human right.
This Mandela Day, Adopt-a-School Foundation is championing a school shoe campaign to celebrate its 20th Anniversary. This campaign will be coordinated alongside a volunteer initiative that will be hosted on the 18th July.
The Foundation calls upon individuals and corporates to partner with the Foundation and donate school shoes in a plight to restore dignity, and ease the walk to school for many learners.
Individuals can take part by clicking on the below link.
To participate, individuals can click here to donate and ease the walk to school for a child this winter. Our school shoe packages include school shoes, a bag and courier costs. The cost of these packs is R350.00 and we would greatly appreciate any donation towards providing a pack to as many learners as possible.
All packages include volunteer t-shirts, light refreshments, media interviews and minor school renovations activities.
Maximum of 10 volunteers:
- 100 pairs: R 35 000
- 200 pairs: R 70 000
- 300 pairs: R 105 000
- 400 pairs: R 140 000
Maximum of 20 volunteers:
- 500 pairs: R 175 000
- 600 pairs: R 210 000
- 700 pairs: R 245 000
- 800 pairs: R 280 000
Maximum of 50 volunteers:
- 900 pairs: R 315 000
- 1000 pairs: R 350 000
- 2000 pairs: R 700 000
Activities on the day (18 July 2022):
On the 18th of July 2022, we will host an exciting packing day whereby our corporate volunteers can join in packing these donations, which will be distributed to our schools.
The day will include;
- A briefing session
- The packing of school shoe packs in a branded drawstring bag, for 67 minutes per company (minimum of 10 people per company) at a designated school.
- Personalising messages to learners from each company staff member
- 10 AAS Back to School for a Day on Mandela Day T-shirts
- Light refreshments for the team
- Media interviews
- Volunteer activations focusing on our Whole School Development model including minor school renovations and learner engagements
- Active citizenship collaboration on Mandela Day
- Section 18A certificate of value of the donated amount
- B-BBEE letter
- Acknowledgment of all our partners in the Adopt-a-School Foundation Annual Report 2022 – 2023 in Annual report 2022
- Media exposure to our corporate partners on the day
- An opportunity to impact and change lives of learners in need
- Employee collaboration and morale uplift through giving back
- Corporate mentions within all the Foundation’s communication platforms