On 8th December 2021, Adopt-a-School Foundation held its second School Excellence Awards to celebrate schools and learners who excelled and maintained good results.
These schools produced at least 50% of learners eligible for university admission. Ms Patricia Kamusoko, a Physical Science educator at Eketsang Secondary School, was one of the winners. She received the Best Physical Science Educator award for achieving a 100% pass rate for her 2020 class, with more than 60% of learners achieving Bachelor’s passes.
The School Excellence Awards consider both our primary and high schools. For our high schools, the categories include Best Performing School, Most Sustainable School and the Most Innovative School in the high school cohort under our adoption programme. The winning schools were:
- Best Performing School – Welabasha Secondary School
- Most Sustainable School -Bizimali Secondary School
- Most Innovative School – Welabasha Secondary School
The best performing learners came from Tshivhase Secondary School, Glen Cowie Secondary School in Limpopo, and Ngwathe Secondary School in Free State. The learner winners are as follows:
- Overall Top Learner – Vusani Radzilani (Tshivhase Secondary School)
- Best Performer in Mathematics – Goitsemang Tshiamo Nchabeleng (Glen Cowie Secondary School)
- Best Performer in Physical Science – Goitsemang Tshiamo Nchabeleng (Glen Cowie Secondary School) and Neo Brandon Mthombeni (Ngwathe Secondary School)