Back to School for Mandela Day 2023
In many school communities across the country, parents are unable to afford school shoes, resources and uniforms for their children. Many learners continue to brave the harsh terrains travelling to school to access education, a basic human right.
This Mandela Day, Adopt-a-School Foundation is championing a school shoe drive campaign. The campaign will be coordinated alongside a volunteer initiative that will be hosted on the 18th of July at a School in Kagiso, Gauteng.
The Foundation calls upon individuals and corporates to partner with the Foundation and donate school shoes in a plight to restore dignity and ease the walk to school for many learners.
R 55 000 The package includes 100 pairs of school shoes for learners in need, a maximum of 10 volunteers, volunteer t-shirts, light refreshments and a range of activities focused on Whole School Development, including minor renovations.
R 35 000 (excludes school shoes) The package includes a maximum of 10 volunteers, volunteer t-shirts, light refreshments and a range of activities focused on Whole School Development, including minor renovations.
Activities on the day (18 July 2023):
On the 18th of July 2023, we will host an exciting and memorable experience for volunteers and learners of Tsakani Primary School in honour of Nelson Mandela.
*Multiple packages are available should a corporate wish to donate more or to host a larger group of volunteers.
The day will include:
- A briefing session
- 67 minutes of volunteer activity per company (minimum of 10 people per company) at the designated school.
- 10 AAS Back to School for a Day on Mandela Day T-shirts
- Light refreshments for the team
- Media interviews
- Volunteer activations focusing on our Whole School Development model, including minor school renovations and learner engagements
- Active citizenship collaboration on Mandela Day
- Section 18A certificate of value of the donated amount
- B-BBEE letter
- Acknowledgment of all our partners in the Adopt-a-School Foundation Annual Report 2022 – 2023
- Media exposure to our corporate partners on the day
- An opportunity to impact and change the lives of learners in need
- Employee collaboration and morale uplift through giving back
- Corporate mentions within all the Foundation’s communication platform